Not all margaritas are created equal. It’s why we are willing to pay top dollar for mixed drinks when we go out. Plus, when they serve the drinks in fun glasses like they do at Longhorn, it makes sipping the drink so much more enjoyable. Treat yourself at home for a fraction of the cost with this Longhorn Watermelon Margarita Authentic Recipe!
Years ago, I worked as a server at Longhorn. I loved the drinks as much as you and asked a server to write down this delicious recipe for the Watermelon Margarita.
Here’s a few things to keep in mind:
- the liquid ingredients are poured into a shaker (with ice) to combine, shaken, then poured over ice
- many Longhorn bartenders don’t use jiggers when making the drinks
- the taste of the drink will vary from location to location
- they put watermelon flavored sugar on the outer rim
- make it in small batches and tweak this recipe to your taste
Longhorn Watermelon Margarita Authentic Recipe
- 1 1/4 ounce Don Julio Blanco Tequila
- 3/4 ounce Smirnoff Watermelon
- 2 ounce Monin Watermelon syrup (link to buy on Amazon)
- 6 ounce sour mix
- splash Grenadine
- watermelon sugar, for the rim
- sliced watermelon, garnish
Note: If using a jigger, verify how much liquid can be put in each side
To save calories, try a “skinny” sour mix recipe:
- 1 cup stevia syrup (that’s 1 cup of water + 2 1/2 tsps white stevia powder)
- 1 cup fresh lemon juice (or 1/2 cup lemon and 1/2 cup lime juice)
- Add liquors and all other ingredients to a martini-like shaker. Fill with ice. Put on shaker’s lid. Shake.
- Wet lip of margarita glass with water and then dip into superfine sugar that is colored and flavored with a drop of Monin syrup. You’ll have play with the amount… mix the sugar with a drop of syrup and then stir.
- Strain and pour into a glass or over ice. Enjoy!